Saturday, September 10, 2011

Busy Saturday

Happy Saturday Everyone,

Today has been a combination of lazy and busy. I didn't get my butt into gear until about 10. I spent a few hours down in the scrap cave trying to create some holiday cards. Here's what I came up with:











I ended up using 4 different mats because I screwed up when cutting the original ones.

The mats are from a Christmas stack that I got from Oriental Trading. It isn't the best paper, but if only using for mats or accents then it's fine. I cut the candy canes from the Gingerbread solutions cartridge. I added some Stickles to make it stand out.

I fought with the stamp. First I stamped it on white with red ink. Didn't like it. Then I tried green ink. No go. So I just stamped it directly on the card in black.

After I finished up these cards. The family and I went down the Philadelphia Animal Welfare Society (PAWS) to adopt a kitty. Miss A found like 4 cats she wanted. In the end, this is who came home with us:






She decided upon the name Winter. She's still getting used to the house and not being around all the other cats, but I'm sure she'll adjust.

Another really positive thing, I'll be participating in another blog hop at the beginning of October. So keep a look out for some great projects.

Stay crafty



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

14 comments:

  1. Super cute cards girl! And I got a soft place in my heart for all kitties and doggies...especially adopted ones. Winter is a great name...tell Miss A she did a good job.

    Be Blessed,Beckie
    Stop in and see me...http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute holiday card & even cuter kitty! Love the stickles on the candy canes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a fun christmas card....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cute card! Love stickles too gonna have to try it like that I've only done dots of stickles on my cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a cute little kitty ! And I am reminded by your cards that it's time i got started on holiday crafting

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable! Love them, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute cards and a darling cat!

    Feel better soon...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your rescued precious fur baby:-) Bless you!

    scrappinana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your rescued precious fur baby:-) Bless you!

    scrappinana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute, I really like the sparkle on your candy cane!! Thanks for joining Robyn's My Pink Stamper Christmas Card Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you used the ribbon and the glitter to make the candy canes stand out. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete