Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thank You Gift Bag and Card Holder

I've been on a roll with these gift card holders. A coworker of mine has been organizing our weekly summer happy hours after work. Last night was our final event and we (okay so mostly me) wanted to give her a small token of our appreciation. I stopped by Starbucks and picked her up a tumbler and a gift card.

Now since she works over at EPA, it was only fitting that I repurpose a previously used Starbucks bag to put her gift in. Her favorite color is blue, so this is what I came up with:






The pattern paper is from the DCWV Green Tea stack. I LOVE that stack. The blue and green is just some solid cardstock I've had forever that I'm trying to use up. I cut the "Thank You" and its shadow from New Arrivals at 3 inches. The diamond on the gift card holder is just a 2 inch square that I cut with my trimmer. I cut the mat behind the words from Elegant Edges at 6 inches.

These gift card holders come together so quickly, I'm going to sit down and make ALL KINDS of them. Birthday, baby, graduation, etc. The possibilities are endless. I promised that I would give you the dimensions for my gift card holder so here they are!

I cut a piece of cardstock at 3.5 by 8. Then scored at 2 1/8 and 5 3/4. I fold and secure the edges of the 2 1/8 side to make a pocket. For the pattern paper I just remeasured each front flap and took 1/8 inch off the total. Sorry, I forgot to write that down...I'll do an update later today.

I had been using velcro to secure the flap, but for this one I used a ribbon. I secured it down before I put the pattern down.

Stay Crafty.

No comments:

Post a Comment