Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Baking Cakes

One of my first loves has always been baking. I don't do it nearly enough anymore. A coworker asked me if I could craft a special cake for her mother's 50th birthday. Here are some photos of what I came up with.

Ready to be frosted

Dirty Iced

Added final icing layer and borders

Finished product
I used boxed cake mix. Duncin Hines Super Moist always turns out the best cakes for me. I used a yellow and a chocolate fudge. I made my own buttercream icing too. I used a recipe that the lady who taught the Wilton cake decorating classes used. It wasn't exactly like Wilton's but it's SOOOo good.

I got a lot of compliments on the cake. One person even said it was better than a local bakery where they normally get their cakes from. *BLUSH* I'm taking a break from my Etsy store and other crafts that I've been doing for other people to focus a little more on my own crafts. I haven't done anything for myself in quite a while. With my 2nd blogiversary here, I've noticed that I need to spend a little more time with myself. I mean, this will be a good thing for you (if you still read my blog) because I'll actually have more crafts to post!!

Stay crafty!


No comments:

Post a Comment