Friday, February 1, 2013

Valentine's Cake in a Jar

Happy February Bloggers!

It's been a while since I've updated you on what's been going on over here in my little crafty world. Today I have a project for you that I can't really take credit for. Another of my crafty friends enlisted me to help her with some Valentine projects. Well, actually a few friends. This past Sunday we made cake in a jar.

I don't have the recipe, but it was an applesauce spice cake. We used pint sized mason jars. Here's the final project. This one is for me, but the ones we made for her patients had tags on them that said, "Happy Valentine's Day".

I peeked on Google and there a tons of recipes and directions for making the cakes. You can adapt them for any season, any holiday. We used fabric from Walmart and took a saucer out of the cabinet to trace circles and fabric scissors to cut them out. After the cakes baked and cooled a bit, we took the rims off and added the fabric. Finished them off with a little bit of tulle for glam.



I'll be back next week to update you on my Project Life progress.

Stay Crafty

No comments:

Post a Comment