Saturday, July 23, 2011

I'm Sad

Good Evening Bloggy Friends,

I'm sad. It's been weeks since I've even tried to do anything crafty. It's not that I don't want to, because I really do. It's just that I feel that I've been forced to live upstairs and abandon my scrap cave. As you are well aware, my crafty space is done in my basement. I started in my dining room, but I'm the type of person who needs solitude to scrap and since it's right in the middle of the house, it was a no-go. Then I moved upstairs, I won't even go into detail about the horrible choice that was. Alas, I ended up in the basement. Perfect place to craft away. Until...my ulcerative colitis decided it wanted to take center stage and flare up. I took two courses of Prednisone from February to May and as long as I am on them, all is well. As soon as I come off. Disaster.

So you probably want to know what all of this has to do with my crafting, well without it being TMI, let's just say the only bathroom in my house is on the second floor. I've been thinking about moving everything again, but I've gotten so cozy down there. This time around, I've decided to not take the medicine and try another approach. I've also decided that I would change my way of eating to a more natural and raw lifestyle. I will be starting another blog to chronicle my ups and downs with ulcerative colitis. They say it only happens in about 1% of Americans. I know 4 people who have it. I want to be able to share all the information I find, good or bad, with anyone who is out there suffering like me.

Even if you or someone you love doesn't have UC, raw foods have been show to help with a host of other ailments. Come join me for the adventure (once I get it up and running).

Stay Crafty (and thanks for letting me get that off my chest)

1 comment:

  1. Natasha, don't be sad. Your health and wellness is first. I pray that you start to feel better soon.

    Big Hugs!

    ~Lynda

    ReplyDelete