Monday, February 21, 2011

Almost done with Invitations

Happy President's Day,

I finally got the paper in to finish up the wedding invitations. It's been non-stop cutting and embossing all weekend (except for Saturday when I went to Harrisburg to celebrate my friend's daughter's birthday).

After I got all the cuttin and folding down, it was time to focus on the content of the invitations. In my house we are mostly Apple users (iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Mac Mini). We do use laptops with MS Windows on them for work. Originally, I made the inserts using MS Word and MS Publisher. Our wireless printer decided that it wasn't going to connect to my laptop to print. So I had to do it all over again on my Mac. I haven't really used it much since we bought it over a year ago, so I had to some googling to find a decent desktop publishing program to use. I decided on Swift Publisher for ease of use and cost.

Here is the final product:


I used the directions found here for the base of the invitation. I embossed the pocket with the Divine Swirls Cuttlebug folder. I also created a 1 1/2 inch band to put on the outside, which was also embossed. The monogram scalloped circles were cut at 2 1/4 inch (base and shadow), the letter "S" was cut from Classic Font. I believe it was cut at 1 1/4 inch.

I have about half of them complete. On to finish the rest!

Stay Crafty

2 comments:

  1. not sure if my last comment posted. lol I'm using my daughters computer and its moving fast.. lol.. anyway.. Beautiful invites.. very nicely done.. your hard work shows :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Invitaions!!! Love it!! Hey, girl our Vampire Diaries are on today Woo Hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete