Saturday, February 5, 2011

Need Honest Opinions

I was asked by the man-friend to make invitations for his bestie's wedding. The fiance stopped by today and we talked about what she was looking for. We did some google searching in hopes to find a design she liked. We happened upon the blog Weddings with the Cricut. Here is the invitation that she liked. Looks like the blog has been taken down so I'll direct you to the video on youTube, here.

I used the directions listed in the blog post. Here is my rendition:


I used the Divine Swirls Cuttlebug folder only on the left flap. I used Mini Monograms for the scalloped circle and the letter S. All 3 cuts were made at 2.25".


For the inside of the invitation, I used the Divine Swirl folder again for the pocket. I cut the corners from the Sweethearts cartridge at 2" (I believe). I have a vellum page over white cardstock. (Still undecided about this. The corners just didn't look right without it.) I cut the the flowers at 3 inches from Pagoda. She was looking for Calla Lillies and this was the closest I had.

I need you honest opinion on how it looks. Of course everything will be printed from the computer, I just used my handwriting for the sample.

Stay Crafty

1 comment: