Friday, March 25, 2011

Attending My First Crop/Sneak Peek

Good evening bloggers,

Just finished packing for my first crop. I hope I got everything! The plan is to finish working on the black and coral wedding album, but I'm dragging the other along in case I need a color change. While I was down in the scrap cave (it's in my basement, far away from everyone and their iPods, iPads, and what have you), I decide to clean and organize. Then I decided to test out an idea for a birthday banner.

I've been seeing them everywhere on Etsy and other blogs. One of my BFFs daughter has a birthday coming up and I had been sending a scrapbook of the previous year in pictures. Sadly, I'm behind. So I decided to send something for the party since it will be the first with friends being invited.

It's not completely done, but here's a sneak peek;





Oops, sorry it's upside down. My iPhone 3G needs to be upgraded in the worse way. Her theme is "Pinkalicious". I'd never heard of it until then, thank goodness for Google. I still need to add some "sprinkles" and punch the holes for the ribbon.

I cut the cupcake and layers from Create-a-Critter at 5 inches. I didn't cut the face since it would be covered up by the letters. The 4 is cut at 3 1/2 inches and the "th" is cut at 1 1/4 inch. I used Sans Serif for the font. I wanted to use a darker shade of pink, but it was hard to read.

Check back for the finished product and the party favor I'm going to send as well.

Stay crafty

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I am a new follower (Momo sent me!). LOVE your blog! If you get a chance, please check out my blog! Kristin
    www.scrappingmamahen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like alot of fun.i have never been to one.lets know how it went.cute cupcake cant wait to see it with the sprikles and the ribbion.tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute cupcake! I like the clean lines. I'd be lost without Google myself!

    ReplyDelete