Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Big News!

So this post is totally random and has absolutely nothing to do with scrapbooking, card making, cricut talk, etc.

For those who have been following along for a while, you might remember my little rant about my car being stolen for the second time and being totaled. I wasn't completely crushed, it was having a little bit of a temper tantrum, but I was sad to part with my friend. I've had that car since 2002 and it has been the best car EVER!!

Luckily, I live and work in the city of Philadelphia and don't particularly need a vehicle. I live a block off the main bus route and from there I take the El into downtown. One of the perks of my company is that they pay for my public transportation!! For everything else, I've been driving my boyfriend's Durango and let's just say....$3.97 gas doesn't go well with a big truck.

So for the last few weeks I've been searching, what seems to be every where from NY to DE for something new-to-me. I don't want to add a car payment onto my monthly bill list at the moment, so I wanted to be able to buy something outright. I started out wanting a Mazda 3, it's a little sporty but still family & friend friendly. I even considered another Honda, but I don't want to tempt fate. Today I found the perfect car, and I was able to work out a deal with the dealership.

Say hello to my new car: 2005 Nissan Altima 2005 VW Jetta



::UPDATE::
So I ended up getting a different car. There's a really long story behind it, but to keep it short let's just say there was something fishy about the whole deal. So this past Friday night, I did some more researching and came across this beauty. Test drove Saturday morning, walked out with it. I'm in LOVE!!

Now with all of that being said. I am going to have to work with all the supplies I currently own in my scrap cave. No new cartridges for at least a month or two....guess I will have to challenge myself to finally use some of the new ones that I bought. :0)

Stay Crafty

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Not having a car payment is a wonderful thing~enjoy your ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new car, My husband loves altima's he says they are good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I have a Nissan Altima and I love it! Although it sounds wonderful that you have such a great public transit system, nothing beats having your own wheels. I'm in Southern California, and a car is a necessity. Nothing is close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet ride :) Enjoy your new wheels!

    ReplyDelete